Verification: e228443fa5b40328

LMS and Compliance: Ensuring Regulatory Training Requirements


As organizations navigate the complex landscape of regulatory requirements, ensuring compliance through effective training is paramount. Approximately 73.8 million users are using LMS at present. Among them, corporate-level executives make up 65%, while managers account for the remaining 35%. Interestingly, long-established tech companies represent 30% of LMS users, surpassing the education sector, which comprises 21%.Safe to say, a compliance LMS can act as a facilitator of effective regulatory training.

What Is a Compliance LMS?

A compliance LMS is a learning management system that is specifically designed to help organizations meet their regulatory training requirements. It provides features that make it easy to deliver, track, and manage compliance training programs, such as centralized training material, automated tracking and reporting, risk mitigation facilities, etc. Usually, compliance training could encompass subjects like sexual harassment prevention, OSHA, HIPAA, workplace diversity, etc.

The Key Role an LMS Plays in Ensuring Regulatory Training Requirements

A compliance LMS can play a key role in ensuring that employees receive the necessary regulatory training by providing the following benefits:

  1. Centralizing Compliance-Related Training Material
  2. Automated Tracking of Compliance-Related Courses
  3. Ensuring the Adherence of Course Material with Regulations
  4. Maintaining Consistency Across the Delivery of Instruction
  5. Mitigating Risks Associated with Non-Compliance

How To Approach the Selection Process?

The selection of an LMS for compliance training should be guided by the following key considerations and steps:

  1. Assess the Technical Prowess of the Solution
  2. Make sure that it allows content customization for compliance with specific regulations.
  3. Check for multi-language support to cater to diverse learners.
  4. Evaluate the data security measures that the LMS takes to protect the training data.
  5. Seek LMS solutions that can relay timely regulatory updates to keep training materials current and inform everyone concerned about the same.
  6. Assess the User-Friendliness
  7. Ensure easy navigation across the platform and look for straightforward registration and login processes.
  8. Verify content accessibility for all employees.
  9. Evaluate the level of content accessibility to guarantee that all employees can benefit from the training.
  10. Evaluate the Flexibility
  11. Ensure That the Feedback & Support Mechanism Is Top-Notch

5 Features of an LMS Used for Compliance Training

Regulatory training demands specific features from an LMS to ensure effectiveness and adherence. To that end, here are five crucial LMS features for compliance training to look forward to:

  1. Integrations
  2. Certificate Builder
  3. SCORM Compliance
  4. Reporting and Automation
  5. Single Sign-On

Tips for Effective Regulatory Training with an LMS

Merely 70% of companies make an effort to assess the efficiency of their compliance program. But to make the most of their time and effort invested in compliance training, enterprises must follow these best practices:

  • Tailor Training to Role or Departmental Needs
  • Use Interactive Elements for Better Engagement
  • Regularly Update the Content
  • Leverage Scenario-Based Learning
  • Carry Out Regular Assessments
  • Facilitate Mobile Learning
  • Notify for Recertification or Refresher Courses

The Final Word

LMS and compliance are closely knit together when it comes to effective regulatory training. However, choosing the right LMS is key here to ensure success with the training initiatives and eliminate compliance gaps. It’s here that the GyrusAim LMS becomes a potent platform. It helps centralize compliance training material, bring automation into the mix, maintain instructional consistency, and mitigate non-compliance risks. Book a demo today to see GyrusAim in action.


Related Posts